For All Cornbread Lovers
我是一个big fan of cornbread因为我第一次尝试了首次年前。的美洲原住民美食部分，玉米面包基本上是含有玉米面（地干玉米）的任何快速的面包，并且通常由泡打粉发酵。
What I love most about cornbread is the thick, dense texture with just the right amount of bite. Since then, I’ve experimented with making cornbread in various ways, and these cornbread recipes are for all of you who love cornbread as much as I do:
- Gluten-Free Skillet Cornbread
- Gluten-Free Blueberry Cornbread Muffins
Jalapeños and Cornbread: The Perfect Pair
How to Make Jalapeño Cornbread
I’ll be using our favorite无麸质回锅玉米面包食谱as the base, and once I’ve got the batter ready, I’ll mix in chopped jalapeños, which in this case are the star and will deepen the flavor profile of the cornbread.
However, instead of making cornbread in a cast iron skillet like I usually do, I’m using a rectangle baking pan lined with parchment paper instead so it will be easier for me to removed and cut the cornbread into squares once it’s baked.(However, you can also make it in a cast iron skillet if you prefer and slice it like you would a pizza. See the recipe notes for instructions on how to bake this in a cast iron skillet.)
接下来，添加不加糖的牛奶腰果（你可以用我的5-minute homemade cashew milkor other non-dairy milk), eggs, melted coconut, and whisk well until you get a thick and homogeneous pale yellow batter.
How to Handle the Jalapeño Peppers
I usually use a fork to pin the pepper down while chopping with a knife to prevent directly touching the seeds.
Bring on the Heat: Add the Jalapeños!
Add in half the chopped jalapeños and mix until they are evenly distributed in the batter. Now transfer the batter to a parchment-lined rectangle or square baking pan and spread it out with a spatula, before sprinkling the remaining chopped jalapeños evenly on the surface.
小费：墨西哥辣椒你添加的数量完全取决于you and how much heat you can take or would like to have. If you just want a hint of heat but can’t take too much, I’d recommend you remove the seeds and use 1 tablespoon of chopped jalapeños without seeds for the whole recipe, but if you like you food really hot and want to take it up a notch, you can go up to 1/2 cup of chopped jalapeños with seeds.
Finally, bake the cornbread batter for 35 to 40 minutes at 375F, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
While you can certainly eat it on its own or drizzled in honey as a snack, this jalapeño cornbread is also the perfect companion tosoups,chili, and even curries or stews. Here are some dishes I recommend that will go well with cornbread:
- Gluten-Free Vegan Pumpkin Soup
- Carrot Turmeric Soup (Gluten-Free, Vegan)
- Butternut Squash Garlic Soup (Gluten-Free, Paleo)
Can You Freeze Jalapeño Cornbread?
If you want to make a big batch (or two) of this jalapeño cornbread to have on hand and freeze it so you can defrost and eat on demand, I totally understand. I mean, what’s not to love about being able to eat it anytime you want?
To freeze the cornbread, placed the cooked and cooled cornbread in an airtight container and then freeze it for up to 3 months. On the day that you want to eat it, simply heat it up in the oven at 350F for 15 minutes before serving.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you’ll also love these other bread recipes:
- Gluten-Free Honey Oat Quick Bread
- Rosemary Focaccia Bread (Gluten-Free, Vegan)
- Gluten-Free Naan Bread (Dairy-Free)
- 容易Gluten-Free No Knead Bread (Dairy-Free)
- Gluten-Free Flaxseed Coconut Bread (Paleo, Dairy-Free)
- 容易Gluten-Free Sandwich Bread (Vegan)
- 1 1/4 cupcornmeal
- 1/3 cuplight brown sugar
- 1 teaspoonsalt
- 3 teaspoonsbaking powder
- 1 1/3杯unsweetened cashew milk or other non-dairy milk (here’s myhomemade cashew milk recipe)
- 2large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cupchopped green jalapeño peppers (quantity depends on how much heat you like)
- Preheat oven to 375F and line a 10″ x 7″ rectangle or 8″ square baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cornmeal, gluten-free all-purpose flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder together.
- Add in the cashew milk, eggs, and melted coconut oil, and whisk well until you get a thick and homogeneous pale yellow mixture.
- Add half the amount of chopped jalapeños and mix well until they are evenly distributed in the batter.
- Allow the cornbread to cool completely before removing it from the dish and slicing into squares.
Flour:The gluten-free all-purpose flour I used has xanthan gum in it, but if your gluten-free flour blend doesn’t, make sure to add 1/4 teaspoon of xanthan gum to it. If you are not gluten-free, you can also replace normal wheat flour in the same quantity.
牛奶：I used my5-minute homemade cashew milkin this recipe but you can also use any other non-dairy milk in the same quantities. If you have no dairy intolerances, you can also use normal milk if you prefer.
How to Handle the Jalapeño Peppers: While chopping the jalapeño peppers, be careful not to touch the seeds with your hands, as they can leave a slight burning sensation or may cause a stinging sensation if you accidentally rub your eyes with your fingers. I usually use a fork to pin the pepper down while chopping with a knife to prevent directly touching the seeds.
Vary the Heat Accordingly:根据你有多少热量容忍或愿意的话，我肯定会推荐使用调整切碎胡椒的量。如果你不能把过多的热量，我还建议你砍之前从胡椒种子（如种子在哪里热量集中）。我用1/4杯切碎的胡椒籽用这个食谱，但你可以胡椒的量降低到1汤匙没有种子，如果你喜欢更少的热量，或者如果上升到1/2杯切碎的胡椒种子与你非常喜欢它热。
Cooking in Cast Iron Skillet: If you prefer to use a cast iron skillet to cook this instead, you don’t have to use parchment paper. Just make sure to heat up the cast iron skillet in the oven at 425F for 10 minutes before reducing the heat to 375F and then pouring the batter into the hot skillet and baking for 25 to 30 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.